Many of our PAC members as well as volunteer parents move on to the middle school each year in September which means there are lots of opportunities to get involved! Can you help?
If you have a desire to know more of what goes on at the school and to be part of the PAC check us out. There are many areas that you can help with. Opportunities range from taking notes in meetings, planning to organizing fun night, working on/at the Christmas Tea & Raffle, organize the teachers luncheon and so much more. There is something for everyone.
You can submit your name for nomination up until the AGM in June were we will be voting in the new PAC members for next year. If you are interested or have more questions please contact Jacqui Jack (email@example.com) or Susan Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Jacqui Jack, PAC President
Areas where you could get involved in school next year…
- Organize and lead all monthly special PAC executive meetings.
- Ensure that agenda prepared and presented at all PAC meeting.
- Lead the budget committee and preparing the budget for that School year.
- Oversee voting procedures on internal PAC matters.
- Appoint committees where needed to run PAC events.
- Selecting of LFMSS scholarship winners with the help of PAC Executive.
- Connect with other PAC executive regularly to ensure communication on upcoming events.
- Ensure representation to district #35 DPAC meetings.
- Issue and receive correspondence on behalf of the PAC.
- Assume the responsibility of the President in the President’s absence.
- Accept extra duties as required.
- Responsible for and report on the financial accounts of the PAC.
- One of the four signing officers of executive.
- Prepare a budget report for all PAC executives and general meetings.
- Assist the Executive with the draft budget and tentative plan of expenditures.
- Make any necessary bank deposits and preparation of cheques.
- Record type and distribute the minutes of PAC executive meetings.
- Assist the president with correspondence.
District Parent Advisory Council Representative (DPAC)
- Keep the DPAC handbook up to date.
- Represents the PAC at all regular and extraordinary DPAC meetings.
- Report District information to the executive and give a report at the monthly PAC meeting.
- Responsible for updating the hot lunch website
- Posting PAC executive requests on Facebook
School Board Liaison
- Attend the school board meetings.
- Be the liaison person between the Langley school District board and the PAC at LFES.
- Report at the monthly PAC meeting.
Social committee Coordinator
- Be responsible for coordinating and executing social events such as a Teachers Luncheon, Fun Night and Sports Day.
School Safety Coordinator
- Organize a group of parents who would be contacting the Parent(s) or Guardian(s) of any child who does not arrive at school. Provided notice has not been received that the child shall be late or absent.
Middle School Liaison
- Be the liaison between the fundamental middle secondary school and elementary school and advise the PAC of matters that come up.
- Attend all PAC meetings.
- Help at PAC sponsored events.